A little bit of positivity to start the new year
What better way to start 2020 than with The Real Neat Blogger Award post. I was nominated for this back in December, and it really finished the year off nicely for me. January marks the start of my second year of blogging, so being nominated for The Real Neat Blogger Award has given me some much needed motivation. Just knowing that people read my blog, and actually like it is amazing and makes me so happy.
I was nominated by the lovely Ellie from Ellie’s London (Thank you ♥) who has a blog filled with travel, food, and positivity. Check out this post to see what she’s planning for the 2020s. Reading her blog always makes me want to jump on a plane and see the world!!
The Real Neat Blogger Award
So now onto the award:
The rules for the award are:
- Display the award logo
- Thank the blogger that nominated you and link to their blog
- Answer the questions from the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate up to ten bloggers, asking them seven questions
Questions from Ellie
If you had the attention of the whole world for 30 whole seconds, what you would tell everyone?
Stop dreaming, stop procrastinating, and go for what you want out of life. Stop stressing, stop worrying, and start living. Make great memories and have fun.
What is in your fridge right now? You are not allowed to go and check.
The simple answer is… Not a lot! It’s the start of January, all the festive food has been eaten and we haven’t been shopping yet. Off the top of my head, I would say we have cheese (lots of cheese for some reason), milk, some spaghetti hoops in a bowl that Cupar didn’t finish and some vegetables that I’m sure are well past their best by now!
If you could un-invent one thing, what would it be and why?
The unicycle – they just freak me out. They remind me of clowns, which I really don’t like, they’re hard to use and I always think that people look a bit weird when they’re riding them! (No offense to any unicylcers that might be reading this…)
What do you first notice about someone you are attracted to?
It’s always been eyes for me. They say that the eyes are the window to the soul, and I fully believe that. Eyes can tell you so much about someone, from how they’re feeling, to how much sleep they had the night before! You can’t hide your feelings when someone is looking into your eyes, so, for me, they’re magical.
What is your favourite sound?
Horse hooves on concrete; I just love the ‘clip-clop’ sound. I’ve been a rider for 10+ years and the sound always makes me feel happy and safe.
Which transport method do you hate the most?
Buses, for a few reasons:
- I get travel sick and buses always make me feel the worst
- Buses are never on time, and when they are, they’re usually full and you have to stand
- I always worry that double decker buses will fall over when they go round a corner
What do you think people do too much of today?
I think people rely on technology too much. I’m guilty of it too because I use my phone for just about everything. Technology does make life a lot easier, but using it all the time means that we miss out on certain things.
My questions to the nominees
- It’s a classic, but it has to be asked… Who are your 5 dream dinner party guests?
- If you could go back and live in any decade, what one would it be?
- If somebody gave you £100 right now to treat yourself with, what would you buy?
- Where would you love to wake up on your next birthday?
- What piece of advice would you give to your 10 year old self?
- What makes you panic if you leave the house without it?
- If you could design and build your own home, what 3 things would it NEED to have?