July is here, and it feels like it’s time for some summer motivation. The days are longer, the weather is warmer and everyone seems happier, which means it’s the perfect time to start planning for the month ahead and focusing on what we want to achieve. It’s time for some July goals.
Following on from last weeks post on goals and ambitions, I’m going to be starting a new monthly series on my health, family and lifestyle plans for each month. I find it hard to stay motivated sometimes, and I’ve found that writing things down and seeing everything in a list gives me something to work towards. I’m going to start with 3 goals in each section and see how I get on.
So, here are my goals for July.
I really need to start looking after myself more. As a busy Mum, I find it difficult to stop and think about myself sometimes, so I’m hoping that I can start a few new routines and habits this month, and make them a part of my daily life.
- Eat more fruit. At the moment I dont really eat any fruit, so this would be a nice little health kick for me. I’m going to aim for a couple of pieces a day.
- Drink more water. I have been a lot better lately, but I could still do with drinking more, especially in this hot weather and with me still breastfeeding. I’m going to aim for 5 glasses a day.
- Do more exercise. I really am quite lazy and will happily use my car to drive 5 minutes to the shops so I don’t have to walk. I’m going to take my own advice from my recent post and try to do at least a couple of walks a week with Cupar.
As a working Mum, I tend to feel a bit like I’m missing out on quality time with Cupar, especially towards the end of the week. I want to start making the most of my free time and planning nice family activities to do together.
- Family movie night. My plan is to have a movie night once a month with popcorn and ice cream! We’ll all take it in turns to choose a movie to watch and then turn off our phones and have some quality family time together.
- A family day out. I’d love to plan a proper day out as a family once a month. I’m thinking the beach, zoo or a picnic at the park. Anything that gets us out of the house and away from the TV and ipad!
- Mummy and son time. My plan this month is to take some time out from the stresses of work and day to day life, and have some days out with just me and Cupar. Baby groups, a walk or lunch out together are all cheap and easy things to do. As I said above, anything that gets us out of the house and away from distractions is good.
I’ve got 3 totally different things to add to this section. Lifestyle is a bit of a mix of anything that doesnt fit into the above 2 catagories but that I feel I want to work on.
- Grow my blog traffic and continue to learn and make connections. I love writing, I love blogging and I love meeting new people. If I could one day make this into a career, it would be a dream come true.
- Plan a week off work. I’m usually quite bad at planning my holiday at work and just take odd days off here and there. Now that I have a little boy, I need to make the most of my free time.
- Make time for friends. When you have children, your whole life changes, and you find yourself lost in a world of nappies, toys and The Wiggles. Friendships are one of the things that can take a backseat, and before you know it, you havent seen your friends in months. Even if I just send a text every week, I want to try and rekindle some of those friendships and catch up on their lives.
So, there are my goals for July. I’ll be looking at these again at the end of the month to see what I’ve achieved, and I’ll make a new set of goals for August.
Why not join in and make your own set of goals for the month?