It looks like spring has finally sprung!
The evenings are getting lighter, the weather is getting warmer and everybody is enjoying the great outdoors.
If you’re looking for the perfect time to set some goals, then this time of year is it. Any goals are good to set, but spring is especially good for the home related ones that you’ve been thinking about doing.
Decorating, cleaning and just having a general clear out are things that work so well right now.
Spring time for me personally is all about cleaning and organising. And that’s what my goals are going to be centered around this month. I love a bit of a freshen up and Spring is the perfect time to do it.
A quick recap
I usually revisit my goals from the previous month to see how I did, but I’ll be starting fresh this month as my last post was so long ago.
We’ve settled into a bit more of a routine now with the babies, and I feel like I can concentrate on getting our family life in order again.
And you know what that means. Some new goals to work on!
Here’s what I’m planning to get started on this month:
- Clean the radiators – After sitting on the sofa and noticing the radiator beside me was full of dust, I’ve been desperate to clean it. I wanted to wait until the heating was off so that I could give it a good scrub all over. I’m planning on doing all the radiators in the house, and I even bought a special radiator cleaner for the occasion!
- Clean the windows inside and outside – We don’t have a window cleaner and I’ve noticed that the windows are looking a bit dirty on the outside. Before I call the professionals, I’m going to have a go myself and see what I can do. And while I’m at it I might as well do the inside too.
- Declutter and sell stuff – We have SO much stuff in the house at the moment. I have bags of baby clothes that both the boys have grown out of, clothes that me and my partner never wear and things that have never been used. I’ve had a little go at selling on Ebay, and I’m now going to try Vinted as well.
- Home school – We have officially decided to homeschool and I am so excited about it! I’ve found a great website called Twinkl that has some amazing resources on it. Now that the warmer weather is here I’m going to put together some outside/nature packs with checklists, scavenger hunts and worksheets.
- Plan days out – With the warmer weather arriving and restrictions easing, I’m looking forward to getting out of the house. We’ve been out for a few walks already, and it’s been lovely to get out in the fresh air.
- Read – I’ve been taking the boys to the library a lot lately and it’s got me back into reading too. The only time I really get to read is when I go to bed, so I’ve been using the kindle app on my phone. I had a few books on there that I downloaded years ago, and I’ve decided to work my way through them. The first book I’ve chosen to read is Dracula. I’ve never read it before but it’s one I’ve always wanted to read. So far it’s really good, and not too creepy for some bedtime reading!
I have 6 goals for this month and I’m looking forward to getting started on each and every one of them.
I love having goals to work through. It helps me to keep organised in the home and in our family life. And now that we’re a family of 4, I really need to keep on top of the organisation!
#Post contains affiliate links