It’s the start of a new year, and that means that it’s time for my new year’s resolutions 2019. I love setting goals, and this year all 3 of us have had a go at it.
I always get excited at the start of a new year. It’s a time to think about what you’ve done during the past year, and what you want to achieve in the year ahead.
As you will see from our blog, 2019 is looking to be an exciting time for us, with lots of new projects and adventures to get started on, which is why I thought that this would be the perfect time to write out a goals and new years resolutions list for 2019.
First off, my new year’s resolutions for 2019:
- Achieve a good work/life balance. I’d love to be a stay at home Mum, but it just isn’t possible for us right now, so I want to make sure that when I’m not at work I spend as much time with Cupar as possible. This includes going to baby groups, days out and lunches with my boy.
- Grow the blog. Writing is something I have always wanted to do and I feel so lucky to have this opportunity to fulfill my passion. I have so many ideas and I can’t wait to get started.
- Write a book. I’ve always had multiple writing projects on the go, but have never completed one. I’m writing a children’s book at the moment, so my aim is to get it finished this year and get to the point where I can get it published.
- Start working on the house. The 3 areas I’d like to start on first and get decorating
arethe hallway/stairs, the nursery, andour bedroom.
Now for the resolutions that everyone does and never sticks to…:
- Drink less coffee. My coffee intake has gone way up since going back to work and I don’t like it! The odd cup is ok to enjoy, but I don’t need so much of it that it gives me a headache.
- Keep up with the housework. I’m lucky that I have Aeron doing bits around the house while I’m at work, but I do really need to do my fair share too.
- Stop procrastinating. I am the worst procrastinator!! I really need to learn how to keep motivated this year, especially now that the blog is live.
Now onto Cupar’s new year’s resolutions for 2019. He can’t talk yet, but I think I have a pretty good idea of what he would say…
- Learn to walk. He is almost standing on his own now which is very exciting. Next step, walking and causing havoc in the house!
- Try cake for the first time on my birthday. I think a Victoria sponge with blue icing would be good.
- Start sleeping in the cot rather than with Mummy and Daddy, because they need their alone time!
- Meet The Wiggles!! Especially Dorothy the dinosaur because I love her.
And last but not least, Aeron’s goals and resolutions for the coming year:
- Trying to reduce plastic and sticking to it (not sticking to plastic…)
- Start work on the house. Decorating and building cupboards are the first things to try.
- As with one of Amy’s resolutions, I need to stop procrastinating and be more productive.
- Teach Cupar lots of new things. I’d really like to get him into building things, taking things apart, experimenting with things…
- Be more sociable and interact with people, especially with I’m with Cupar.
What are your new year’s resolutions for 2019? Are there any that you make every year and try to stick to?
♥ If you liked this post, why not give it a share below ♥