October is here and that means a new set of goals. A
For those of you that don’t know, Blogtober is a blogging challenge where you post something new every day in October. Some bloggers have autumn related posts, some have their usual posts, and some have a mix of both. Whichever way you want to do it, it’s always a good chance to flex those writing muscles and get all the ideas you’ve been thinking about out there. I’m going to give it a go and see how I get on. I love a challenge, and Blogtober seems like a really exciting one to get involved in.
Now onto the fun part – how many of my goals did I achieve in September?
We had a bit of a busy one this month with days out, my Mum’s birthday, and the dreaded cold getting to all of us, but I still managed to achieve 4 out of my 6 goals which I’m really happy about.
Here’s a recap:
- Drink more fruit juice – Achieved (finally!!)
- Stress less – Achieved
- Take Cupar swimming – We didn’t manage to achieve this one because we all came down with colds and just didn’t feel like doing much, but it’s on my autumn/winter to do list.
- More days out – Achieved
- Plans for the blog – Achieved
- Find a work/life balance – Nope, nope, nope. I’m still feeling the mental and pysical effects of being a working Mum. Things have changed a little bit, but not as much as I’d like.
I achieved pretty much everything I wanted to achieve in September, and I’m going to try and carry on that motivation as we move into October:
This month is looking to be another busy one, so I’m going to try and be a bit gentle on myself and set some nice easy, fun goals to work on:
- Stop having so many late nights – I’ve fallen into a bit of a pattern of late nights lately, and it’s leaving me feeling even more exhausted than I was before! I’m going to aim to be in bed by 10pm at least 3 times a week.
- Drink more water – I’ve found that as the weather has cooled down, my water intake has gone down too. Drinking water in the summer makes sense because it’s hot, but that doesn’t mean that we shouldn’t be drinking in the aumtumn and winter too. I’m going try for 5 glasses a day.
- As it’s October, I’d like to do some fun autumn activites together. I’m thinking autumn crafts, books, films and baking could be on the list.
- Find some more toddler groups/classes to go to – As it’s a bit colder outside and the park isn’t too appealing in the rain, I’d really like to find some local toddler groups to take Cupar to.
- Blogtober!! I really would like to have a proper go at this. I write a lot, but I lack self confidence, so a lot of what I write doesn’t even make it’s way onto my blog. I feel like Blogtober could be a chance to give myself a break and actually post what I want to post without worrying about it so much.
- Find a work/life balance – I’m adding this one again because it really is important, and it’s something I need to work on. I feel drained and burnt out and I need to get my energy back.
I’m looking forward to this month. I’m finding that writitng my goals down and sharing them is helping me to stay motivated.
What are other people