Welcome to a new month, and some brand new goals for August 2020
I had a bit of a break from everything last month due to feeling very burnt out, which meant that I didn’t get to do my usual monthly goals post. It’s one of the posts I really look forward to writing, and I missed sitting down and reflecting on the past month and making plans for the next one.
Writing down my goals, especially on here, gives me so much motivation. If you haven’t tried it before, then it’s definitely something you should be giving a go in August.
Before we move on to what I have planned for August, let’s first take a look back at my July goals and see if I completed any of them. I have to admit, I’m not feeling too hopeful!
- Make some garden decorations – No, but I did make some things for the house instead!
- Make some smoothies – I didn’t make any smoothies, but I did eat more fruit.
- Build freelance business – No, and I’m really disappointed about this one. But as I said, I was BURNT OUT.
- Work/life balance – I’ve made a start in the right direction, so I’ll say yes to this one.
- Destress/chill/make a plan – I’ve started doing 20 minutes of yoga a day which has really helped, so I’ll say yes to this one too.
- Podcast – No new episodes with Mindful Mamas yet, but I do have plans for my own podcast which will centre around things I like to talk about on the blog. So not yet for this one, but watch this space.
Well, I managed to do 2 out of 6 which obviously isn’t what I was aiming for! But, as I had such a rough month, even managing to do one would have been an achievement.
Goals are such a personal thing, and if you don’t manage to do them all, for whatever reason, don’t beat yourself up about it.
Before we look at the August goals, how about grabbing yourself a free monthly goals planner?
Anyway, let’s move on to the August goals (exciting)
- Cook more – I’ve realised lately that I actually love cooking. I usually leave it all up to Aeron because he is a chef and everything, but I’ve had the urge to try it this week. I made a chili, and it was THE best chili that I’ve ever tasted. Well, I may be exaggerating a tiny bit there, but it was pretty good, and I actually surprised myself
- Yoga – I started a proper yoga routine a few days ago, and I’m really enjoying it so far. It’s been great for my stress levels, and it’s given me something to focus on. My aim is to do at least 20 minutes a day this month and see how I get on.
- Be more conscious of the beauty products I buy – I’ve had a sort out recently, and it’s made me realise that I don’t really think too much about what I buy – I just go for what looks good. I’d really like to focus on products that aren’t tested on animals and are just generally ‘friendlier’.
- Eco cleaning products – This one carries on from the one above, as I don’t really think too much about what I buy, I just pick up the things that are available. With a 2 year old and various pets around the house, I’d like to start using eco friendly products with less chemicals in them.
- Instagram – I’ve finally started using Instagram! I really like the fact that it’s mainly just photos, and I’m planning on using it as a Mum life diary. I’m aiming to post at least one photo a day. Check it out and give me a follow!
- Podcast – I’m in the process of recording my first ABC Family podcast episode, and I am so excited. I love listening to podcasts, and I’m hoping that it will be a way to connect with people that just don’t have to the time to sit down and read every blog post.
- Blogging schedule – After posting very little last month, I’ve now set up a proper blogging schedule. I’ve got some great posts planned for this month, and I feel like having a proper schedule will help me to get in the zone and post consistently.
I’ve given myself 7 goals to do (nothing like jumping back into it head first hey) and I think they’re all pretty achievable. I’ve got the first week of August off work, so that is going to help me a lot.
I’m excited to get stuck in and see what I can do.
What are you August goals? Is there anything you’re hoping to achieve before Autumn gets here?
If you liked this post, why not give it a share below